The Indian railways have always been an integral part of our Indian economy. It was first introduced during the British rule and has grown ever since. Today Indian railways are the 4th largest network in the world and yet expanding. They are also a source of the largest service providers in our country that give employment for both skilled and unskilled labors.
Apart from contributing to the country’s GDP they are also very widely used by all the sections of our country. If one is to travel, one would find the elders, the family groups, the college groups the newlywed, all sorts of people traveling.
And the reason behind it is the various services provided by the Indian railways to its travelers. And in today’s article we are going to be discussing about these services that have made the journey so much easier for the travelers.
- Affordable rates- it is very well know that the railways qualify as one of the most affordable and comfortable means of transport. They cover long distances at very affordable rates. They are the first preference for college goers and low budget travelers with overnight journeys for being so pocket friendly.
- Provision of food and water- the provision of food and water wasn’t always there. The pantry car has been recently introduced to the Indian railway that has contributed majorly to the increase in train travelers. Earlier people would carry their own meals or hurry to the food stall at major train junctions. But thanks to the pantry people can now have fresh and hot meals. And for those trains that still do not have a pantry in them, have the option of food on wheels. They provide you with food delivery in train possible for everyone.
- Provision of toilet system- even the toilets were not introduced in the railways until its 50th Earlier people would have to wait for the next station to answer the nature’s call. But now that is not the case. There are two types of toilets available in the railways these days. One could choose from the Indian or the western toilet system according to their choice and preference.
- Wi-Fi at major railway junctions- sadly, the Indian railways have a bad reputation of being late. And for which the passengers often have to suffer. Well to make things a little easier, the government has made Wi-Fi available at all the major junctions. Suing the Wi-Fi is pretty easy too and hence one can avail unlimited net and have a great pass time.
- Provision of sheets and blankets- the Indian railways also provides you with clean sheets, blankets and towels for your journey. Also, you get pillows that make your stay more comfortable and they are free of cost too. Some trains do not provide these free of cost but one doesn’t have to worry because the charges are minimal. So, in case of overnight journey, you do not have to be worried because the rails have got it all covered.