Agra, a city where monuments speak about the rich culture of the Mughals is a must visit when in India. But just do not visit Agra, be here embracing the regal lifestyle of the royals of the country; be here with India’s luxury train, Palace on Wheels.
Every corner of this ancient Mughal capital is dotted with awe inspiring Mughal architecture, out of which Taj Mahal is considered to be one of the Seven Wonders of the World.
This marble edifice is an epitome of love, made by Mughal Emperor Shah Jahan for his beloved wife, Mumtaz Mahal. Taj Mahal changes colour with every phase of the day and is spellbindingly beautiful with motifs and being studded with semi-precious stones.
Taj Mahal is at the banks of River Yamuna, soothing with the presence of greenery all around and joyous with the ripples of the artificial springs.
Some other major hotspots of Agra include
- Red Fort: Built by Emperor Akbar to safeguard his empire.
- Fatehpur Sikri: The first planned city of the Mughals, filled with grand palaces, assembly halls and mausoleums.
- Sikandra: Memorial for Emperor Akbar and decorated with Hindu, Islamic, Christian, Buddhist and Jain motifs.
- Mehtab Bagh: This Lucy green garden is one of the best places to view Taj Mahal from the crowd.
Why Palace on Wheels?
This traditional Indian luxury train from the Indian Railways ones with 39 super deluxe suites with the grandeur of royal Rajasthan. The train is crafted just like a Rajasthani palace, covered with wall to wall carpeting, antic mirrors and rich paintings hanging from the walls.
- Palace on Wheels is centrally air conditioned, safeguarding the guests from the scorching Indian heat.
- The train ensures ultimate privacy with attached washrooms. The expensive toiletries and availability of hot and cold water makes you feel at home on Palace on Wheels.
- Speaking about cuisines, enjoy a varied range of authentic Rajasthani food to global dishes sitting at a sophisticated dining car. There is also arrangement of lunch at a boutique hotel of Rajasthan.
- The bar enables you to taste some of the finest drinks on earth while the lounge is the apt place to sit and relax.
- Tired from the long journey? The train has recently introduced an on-board Ayurveda SPA which rejuvenated your heart and soul with the goodness of nature.
Palace on Wheels takes the guests to Agra on its 7th day. Besides checking out the UNESCO World Heritage and relaxing at the sprawling gardens of Agra, Palace on Wheels arranges a sumptuous lunch for the guests at ITC Mughal hotel.
After lunch, guests can either return to the train for a refreshing SPA treatment or be at the local shops, buying small marble Taj Mahal replicas, embroidered leather shoes and handcrafted jewellery boxes. Contact the travel agency of Palace on Wheels and book the trip for the next season.
So blend your journey with history and luxury with a trip to Agra on Palace on Wheels. Besides Agra, the train also takes you to the tourist destinations of Rajasthan in its 7 nights and 8 days tour.